Picasso Observership Program
Are you a dental student looking for an opportunity to gain real-world experience in a dental clinic? Look no further than Picasso Dental Clinic! Our Picasso Observership Program (POP) provides dental students with the chance to follow our registered dentists and observe them as they work with patients.
Since 2013, we have been accepting 4th and 5th years students from various dental schools in the US, UK and Spain for our POP Program. We understand the importance of hands-on experience in a clinical setting, and we are committed to providing students with an educational and supportive environment.
At Picasso Dental Clinic, we believe that education and experience go hand-in-hand. We know that the classroom can only teach you so much, and that hands-on experience is essential for developing the skills and knowledge you need to become a successful dentist. The POP Program provides students with the opportunity to observe and learn from our experienced team of dentists, as they work with patients to provide a wide range of dental treatments and procedures.
What is Picasso Observership Program?
During your time at our clinic, you will be able to observe a variety of dental procedures, including routine check-ups and cleanings, fillings, root canals, extractions, and more. You will have the chance to see firsthand how our dentists interact with patients, how they diagnose and treat dental problems, and how they ensure that patients feel comfortable and confident throughout the process.
Howeer, our POP isn’t just about observing dental procedures. We also offer opportunities for students to ask questions and engage in discussions with our dentists. This is a chance for you to learn more about the field of dentistry, to gain insights into different dental procedures, and to get advice and guidance from experienced professionals.
At Picasso Dental Clinic, we are committed to providing a welcoming and supportive environment for all students. Our team of dentists and staff is dedicated to helping students learn and grow, and we are excited to welcome students from around the world to join our team. We know that dental school can be challenging, and we believe that our observatory program can help to make the transition from the classroom to the clinic a little bit easier.
Length of Program
The POP is a fixed-duration program of two, four, or eight weeks. Two weeks is the shortest period for which applications are considered and eight weeks months is the longest.
What you can observe
The below subjects are offered as observerships, depending on availability:
- General Dentistry
- Geriatric Dentistry
- Pediatric Dentistry
To be considered for the program, the candidate should be:
- Be a current dental student in good standing at an accredited dental school.
- Must have completed at least 4 years of dental school before applying to our program
- Must have a strong interest in dentistry: We are looking for students who are passionate about dentistry and who are eager to learn and grow in a clinical setting.
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Must have a good command of English
Cost and Limitations
Observership Program will be free of charge, but students are responsible for covering their own expenses, including visa fees, airfare, accommodations, and living expenses while in Vietnam.
We only accept 20 candidates for POP Program a year.
How to Apply
In order to apply for the Picasso Observership Program, please prepare and send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of intent stating your interest in the POP program
- Copy of dental school transcript from dental school indicating enrollment status
- At least 1 professional reference/recommendation letters
- Copy of government issued id – passport or visa
- A current Tuberculin Test and/or negative chest x-ray (must be within three months of starting the observership), evidence of current immunization against Rubella, Tetanus, Polio and Hepatitis B
If you are interested in applying for our observatory program, please contact us for more information. We welcome dental students from all over the world, and we would be happy to help you take the first step towards a rewarding career in dentistry.